Michigan Reconnect provides tuition free access to community college for Michiganders 25 or older without college degrees to pursue Pell-eligible associate degree or occupational certificates.
If you are 25 years or older and don’t have a college degree, you may be eligible to attend Delta College tuition-free.
What does Reconnect cover?
Reconnect will ensure that when you get your semester bill from the community college, the following items will be covered:
- In-district tuition (If you are an out of district student you are responsible for the difference)
- Mandatory fees (fees charged to all students per semester or per hour)
- Contact hours (extra charges for certain courses and programs)
Reconnect is a last-dollar program, which means that any federal Pell grant funds you receive are applied to your tuition and fees first, with Reconnect paying what’s not covered by Pell. If you don’t qualify for a Pell grant, Reconnect will pay the full cost of tuition, mandatory fees and contact hours.
You will be charged for other costs not covered by Pell or Michigan Reconnect.
To be eligible, you must:
- Be at least 25 years old when you apply
- Have lived in Michigan for a year or more
- Have a high school diploma or GED
- Have not yet completed a college degree (associate or bachelor’s)
For renewal of the Reconnect Scholarship, a Reconnect student must:
- Complete the FAFSA annually
- Maintain residency of this state
- Maintain continuous enrollment as at least a half-time student in a Pell-eligible program at an eligible institution leading to an associate degree or industry recognized certificate or credential.
- Maintain Standards of Academic Progress
- The student must at minimum maintain a cumulative 2.0 grade point average in the courses taken towards their certificate or associate degree program while Reconnect participants.
Once your Reconnect application has been submitted to the State of Michigan, the State will determine your eligibility in real time and inform you directly if you have been accepted.
You will be notified of your status on the reconnect application website as well as by email. If accepted, the State will notify you of additional steps you will need to take advantage of the Reconnect Scholarship.
You will be notified of your status on the reconnect application website as well as by email. If accepted, please follow the remaining steps below.
Complete the Free Application for Federal Student Aid (FAFSA). It is FREE to complete and is required for the Reconnect Scholarship application. Keep in mind that FAFSA can take approximately 4 to 6 weeks to process so start early.
Completion of the FAFSA
- Create your Federal Student Aid ID
- Fill out the Free Application for Federal Student Aid (FAFSA)
- Delta’s FAFSA code is 002251.
- You will receive an email to your Delta email from financial aid with further details.
Not sure which career fits you?
FOCUS 2 is an online career and education planning system for helping you choose a major, build your career goals, and learn job information. Create a free account and use the access code: delta
Have questions for an Admissions Advisor?
Schedule a virtual appointment with a Delta College Admissions Advisor to get your pre-enrollment questions answered.
Create Your Admissions Account/Complete an Application. All new students will need to create an account and complete a Delta admissions application.
When creating your account be sure to do the following:
- Use a personal email address where you will have future access.
- Select the correct student type:
- Select “New Student” if you have never attended college.
- Select “New Student” if you were a previous dual enrolled student who is/or will be graduating
- Select “Returning Student” if you attended Delta previously.
- Select “Transfer Student” if you attended another institution previously.
Step 5: Guided Self-Placement Survey
This quick survey allows you more flexibility to select the math and English courses that best align with your academic pathway, experience and comfort level. After you submit your application:
- Log back into your application account
- Under Action, click the word View
- Click on Admissions Steps
- Click Start next to GSP survey
About four hours after receiving your acceptance email, you'll receive an email from email@example.com with instructions on setting up your Delta account.
This account will give you access to your Delta email, Student Self-Service and much more. The activation process is most easily done on a device other than your cell phone.
Need help setting up your MFA? Call 989-686-9575.
If you attended another institution you will need to have your official transcripts sent to Delta’s Registrar’s Office.
To submit transcripts choose one of the following options:
- Electronic: Delta College accepts secured PDF or Electronic Exchange transcripts via the National Student Clearinghouse , Parchment or directly from your previous institution to firstname.lastname@example.org
- Mail: Delta College will only accept “official transcripts” mailed directly to the college from the issuing institution. 1961 Delta Rd, University Center, MI 48710, Attn: Records & Registration
*Please note, transcript evaluation may take 2–4 weeks. You will receive an email to your Delta email when they have been evaluated.
Only brand new college students are required to go through online orientation.
Once the admissions office has received notice that you've completed the above steps, you'll be sent an email to your personal email with instructions to self-register for online orientation. Complete the orientation and the pre-advising form included at the end.
Once you have completed your New Student Orientation and met with your Student Success Advisor, you are ready to register for classes. Simply log into Student Self-Service, and then click the “Student Planning” link.
- Before logging in, download our Step-by-step registration guide to help you along the way.
- If you are having trouble registering please contact the Advising office at 989-686-9330.
Tuition must be paid by the payment due date or at the time of course registration. You are responsible for paying any balance which is not covered by your financial aid package.
Delta offers a variety of payment options:
- Pay online through your Delta Student Portal (Student Self-Service)
- Contact Cashier’s office by phone at 989-686-9394
- Signup for a no interest tuition payment plan.
All books and supplies are available to purchase or rent through the Delta College Bookstore.
- The bookstore is located in N015 on main campus.
- Books are available approximately three weeks prior to the start of the semester.
- Check your Delta email account often!
- Download the Delta College App. Go to the App Store or Google Play and search Delta College.
- Sign up for Emergency Text Notifications.
- Learn more about our online learning environment by watching our eLearning Video.
75% of Michigan jobs will require education beyond high school.
In Michigan, you can earn an average of $7,500 more per year with a two year degree.
Delta has 140+ certificate and degree programs to choose from.